Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Certain core principles of case investigation and contact tracing must always be adhered to:
- Case investigation is part of the process of supporting patients with suspected or confirmed infection.
- In case investigation, public health staff work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the timeframe while they may have been infectious.
- Public health staff then begin contact tracing by warning these exposed individuals (contacts) of their potential exposure as rapidly and sensitively as possible.
- To protect patient privacy, contacts are only informed that they may have been exposed to a patient with the infection. They are not told the identity of the patient who may have exposed them.
- Contacts are provided with education, information, and support to understand their risk, what they should do to separate themselves from others who are not exposed, monitor themselves for illness, and the possibility that they could spread the infection to others even if they themselves do not feel ill.
- Contacts are encouraged to stay home and maintain social distance from others (at least 6 feet) until 14 days after their last exposure, in case they also become ill. They should monitor themselves by checking their temperature twice daily and watching for cough or shortness of breath. To the extent possible, public health staff should check in with contacts to make sure they are self-monitoring and have not developed symptoms. Contacts who develop symptoms should promptly isolate themselves and notify public health staff. They should be promptly evaluated for infection and for the need for medical care.
- Editors Note: Governors of states and officials on a local or county level are signing executive orders based on contact tracing data. These orders are restricting you to your residence, possibly forcing a vaccine or health official to civilian contact on private property, in some cases you are breaking the law (based on their order). This all branches from the parent, which was created illegally and in violation of your fourth amendment right.
Houston Texas has announced door to door contact tracing. Houston Texas is violating the 4th Amendment of the United States Constitution, also we could argue the 5th.